Two wheels are better* than four

Talk about your cars etc here. Keep it sort of sensible and on topic please.
Jerzy Woking

Re: Two wheels are better* than four

Post by Jerzy Woking »

Glue the cool cover to the arse of your trousers if you don't want to tinker with the bike (although it only straps to the seat with elastic)
DodgeRover

Post by DodgeRover »

The number of bikes I used to see in Aus with a sheep skin on the seat would surprise you.
How hard are you braking to be sliding into the tank?
Jerzy Woking

Post by Jerzy Woking »

I have sheepskins on all my bikes. Rider comfort is improved considerably.

Think the first time I was aware of them was seeing one on Nick Sanders round the World bike (Yamaha R1?) 20 years ago
Hooli
Self Appointed Internet God

Post by Hooli »

I've not known any textiles that don't slide about, seems to depend on the sear cover as far as I can tell. Some are a lot worse combinations than others though.
Private signature, do not read
Nibblet

Post by Nibblet »

DodgeRover wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2023 10:15 pm The number of bikes I used to see in Aus with a sheep skin on the seat would surprise you.
How hard are you braking to be sliding into the tank?
Same as I would in a car, it is mega slippery material though, the old pair were less so. I think you get to be real picky after a little while biking.
'Ever since the young men have owned motorcycles, incest has been dying out, and so has sodomy'.

'Much of the social history of the Western world over the past three decades has involved replacing what worked with what sounded good."
Thomas Sowell
Nibblet

Post by Nibblet »

Hooli wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2023 11:02 pm I've not known any textiles that don't slide about, seems to depend on the sear cover as far as I can tell. Some are a lot worse combinations than others though.
This is like its been given a spray with Mr Sheen, maybe a wash will sort em out. No, I think I'll rub over the arse of em with a bit of sandpaper.
'Ever since the young men have owned motorcycles, incest has been dying out, and so has sodomy'.

'Much of the social history of the Western world over the past three decades has involved replacing what worked with what sounded good."
Thomas Sowell
Hooli
Self Appointed Internet God

Post by Hooli »

Maybe do the same on the seat?

Having said that my Hornet seat had been recovered and I'd side off the side just riding down the road in textiles. It was bloody dangerous tbh. It's been recovered since and is much better.

I did recover the seat on my 14 myself for about £15. Using leatherette, I think, off eBay. Can't find it to check now as it was too long ago.
Private signature, do not read
Nibblet

Post by Nibblet »

What bikes do folks on here currently use? I'm thinking I'll get a Triumph Street Triple when I've passed my test.

Thomas Sowell
Eddie Honda
Rainman The Google Fu Master

Post by Eddie Honda »

You just need to work on your arse cheeky muscles to grip the saddle better.
DodgeRover

Post by DodgeRover »

Jerzy Woking wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2023 10:25 pm
Think the first time I was aware of them was seeing one on Nick Sanders round the World bike (Yamaha R1?) 20 years ago
Did he used to live in Sheffield? I remember chatting to the bloke who had just gone into the record books for the fastest time round the world on a bike, the thing that stuck with me was what he said about sleep, he said the first time he would fall asleep whilst riding it was a moment, the second time would be a couple of seconds then he knew he needed to stop as the third time he would be out for 30 seconds or so.